Monday, September 17, 2012

CT530 XP10 Carbotech to the Evo III Twin Pots Rcolt

I was previously on the XP8 and decided to amp it up. Wanna do a real hard lap. The XP8 were just under half and completely faded on the track.
Don't know if its due to the lack of meat on the pad or the brake fluid.
Time will tell.

I believe I did 55 laps over three races on the XP8 and about a years worth of driving. I would say approx 10k km.
That is really impressive!
They would still be good for road. I have put them on the side for now.

Previously i did around 49 laps on the A1RM and just as many km.
Info from: barbagallo-raceway-short-track-19072012.html

Brake research: project-mu-or-carbotech-276mm-or-294mm.html


Carbotech bedding in instructions

Red did the slide pin guides

Old pads ->



































Twin pot parts diagram. Note that the upper bolt has a grommet.
I redid these slides with new PBR pin grease. Blew out the old stuff with degreaser and an air compressor.
I am not running backing plates on the pads this time around.
I intend on adding some copper lubricate/grease.
More on brakes see here

No comments:

Post a Comment