Monday, September 16, 2013

Big End Oil Clearance & Crank Endplay - Colt Turbo 4G15 - Updated Build Measurements






Got a chance to play with the block again.
With a new magnetic stand i got i was able to check the crankshaft endplay. It was within spec.
I also cleaned the bored about 5 times as i wasn't too happy with them.













These are all the current build measurements. I had to update them due to the crank getting a regrind.












Most of the time was spent on stretching rod bolts and testing oil clearance on the big end.

How to Use the Stretch Gauge

Big end clearance>






< Crankshaft endplay

High Performance Piston Rings
Top Ring : 1mm Alloy Steel / Gas Nitrated
2nd Ring : 1.2mm Cast Iron / Napier Hook
Bore : 76.5mm
Oil Ring : 3/16 3-Piece Std Tension
Size : .039-.047-2.8mm

76.5mm x 1.0x1.2x2.8mm Ring Set

Gapping I Completed Earlier



Wiseco Piston Rings 7650XX - /Manuals/RingEndGap.pdf.












I did plan to install the pistons and rings but my ring compressor was a bit gay.
It would turn the rings as I compressed them.







No comments:

Post a Comment