Sunday, June 28, 2015

Adaptronic 440 Install - Wires, heat shrink, cutting, splicing, crimping....


Working to 1am every night this week, plus two weekends.
The end result...I am very impressed but still a few things to do.  It is far from perfect.
But it is clean, functional and it's alive.
Fuel system is holding, no leaks.  Tune is running well, just a few issues with false knock.
From injectors to pump, filter, hard wiring relays, switches, ecu, O2 sensor.  There has been a significant change to the car.






 - I need to fix the temp sensor, I need a 28mm thermostat adapter (wire direct to ECU)
 - two stage LED indicators - one to show relay is armed (e.g. fuel pump) another to show it's running.





 - cleaner dash switch cluster (out of ally?)
 - extend stereo deck loom, just going to keep it simple - deck + 2 speakers
 - install Defi Link + gauges + custom warning lights
 - finally fit the bigger brake kit
 - fix up guards

list goes on......







My soldering iron I bought 8 years ago? and the one I bought for my mate
I swear it costs more now ($160) compared to when I got mine









Using what I could find at the local electronics shop.






















































The gauge wiring loom.






Just some of the mess.












Some of the tools.



Too many wires to make it look clean @_@


1 comment:

  1. This is most informative and also this post most user friendly and super navigation to all posts. Thank you so much for giving this information to me.
    Composite Hose

    ReplyDelete