Friday, January 11, 2013

No Limits - 10/01/2013


- Front 42psi, rears 40psi + alignment change 3.4deg @ the front
- Brake and clutch RBF600 flush + oil change
- Lightweight RRP flywheel and new carbon LSD
- alignment change 3.4deg @ the front

First event since /no-limits-20092012.html

Quote from the 20/09/2012:
"Short Circuit - No improvements in time @_@ - I think i am loosing confidence and driving is all over the place. According to RaceChrono time was 59.72 (previously was a 59.52 see here)"







This time around i made a 59.26 (optimal time is a 58.97). So I have gotten slightly quicker.  I feel its almost time for Rcomp. Might be hitting the limit of the street tires. I also want to do some brake tweak. E.g. the bigger rotors. But that means bigger rims etc.



















This was the first time to try out the new alignment 3.4degrees on the front. I took of a whole degree. Much more stable in braking and everyday driving.


New oil pres gauge.














I installed the LSD 500km ago. Ran it in for 15mins dumped the oil. Did another 450km and dumped the oil. Next oil change is in 3000km @ 92,500km.
I use 75W90 GL4 Neo Racing Oil.



Official times:
Long - 10 laps - 1:11.209 (fastest lap was 5 of 10)
Short - 6 laps - 59.246  (fastest lap was 1 of 6)

The closest competition car that I like to compare with are the Civics. FN2, EG etc.
This is some information I got from a guy that runs a quick FN2.


"The toyo R888 was doing consistent 58s
while the Kumho V70A were doing consistent 57s
and now these A050s I'm doing consistent 56s
It's just on a different league for cold ambient temperature conditions!
Grip is absolutely 100% from cold and lasts throughout my hot laps.
At first the inside of the tire was getting more temperature than the middle and outside, with some adjustments to 34-35psi and me driving them harder, I got them to even out the wear at 4deg camber, so the alignment is definitely spot on! There's so much front grip now that the rear is the first to go in a corner, just how I like it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment